1.1. In order to access certain features of our Site, you have to be registered. If you create a profile on the Site, you must provide true and accurate information about yourself. Should your profile information provided prove false or misleading (including your personal details), we may remove your profile.
for the purposes of searching academic papers and any other documents (“Academic Papers”).
2.2. When you download our Software and enter your email address and password that you registered to create an account on the Site, our Software collects (even while you are offline) certain data which is uploaded to our servers when you synchronize your Software and account, specifically, data relating to:
3.1. We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
3.2. We do not oversee, monitor or moderate the content that you upload to our Site using our interactive services and neither do we vet or screen users of our Site.
4.1. You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. Accordingly, you may only link versions of Academic Papers or other Content (as defined below) on the Site if you have the right to do so. To be sure you have the right to link such Content, you should review your publishing agreement, the publisher’s copyright policies and/or any other applicable information prior to posting any version of an Academic Paper.
4.2. "Content" shall mean any material you post on or through the Site, including, without limitation, Academic Papers and any comments on forums, wikis, personal profiles and communications with members. By using the Site and posting any Content, you permit us to extract metadata for indexing and improved searchability purposes from any such Content that you post or upload to the Site. After posting or uploading your Content to the Site, except for the permissions granted to us hereunder, you continue to retain all your rights in such Content. We do not claim any ownership rights in your or any other user’s Content except the annotations of the documents.
"Research Data" shall mean the result of observations or experimentation that validate research findings and that are published separate to an Academic Paper, which can include but are not limited to raw data, processed data, software, algorithms, protocols, and methods. For Research Data that you make publicly available on the Site, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to publish, extract, reformat, adapt, build upon, index, re-distribute, link to and otherwise use all or any part of the Research Data in all forms and media (whether now known or later developed), and to permit others to do so. Where you have selected a specific end user license under which the Research Data is to be made available on the Site, we shall apply that end user license.
4.3. By posting your Content you represent and warrant that:
(i) your Content is original to you and/or is licensed and fully cleared to permit us to use such Content as contemplated herein;
(ii) your Content was produced in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
(iv) your Content does not contain libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation;
(v) your Content is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful;
(vi) your Content shall not be injurious to the health of any user; and
(vii) we shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use or exploitation of your Content.
At HubScience's request and in accordance withHubScience’s reasonable instructions, you will promptly delete and not use our Services to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any Content that would hinder the performance of the HubScience Site and Services or that would be not academic in nature.
5.1. You may not use our Services:
4.5. Unless you have express prior written permission, you may not use any spider- or bot-like system, software or other device or program (whether automated or otherwise) to extract content, data, information or other material from the Site.
4.6. You also agree:
4.7. You may form one or more private group as part of a HubScience Pro or HubScience Enterprise Package only if you intend to be active in all such groups.
7.2. Where you make use of the interactive features of our Services to share Content with others, you may not be able to delete such shared Content.
8.1. We aim to update our Site regularly. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
8.2. Although we aim to keep the Services available at all reasonable times, we may modify, suspend or discontinue the Services in whole or in part without notice including, for example, in the event of technical failures, upgrades, routine or emergency repair work or some reason outside our control. We will not be liable if for any reason our Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
Web content composed with the online wysiwyg editor. Please subscribe for a membership to remove promotional messages like the above.
HubScience PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Our mission is to help you manage, evaluate and share your and others’ research data as you decide.
We recognize that protecting user privacy and confidentiality is crucial in our service. We are committed to respecting you in your research.
We acknowledge that you may wish to keep private your account profile details and what you are currently researching or any other processing (hereinafter referred as “research”) or you may wish to share your research activities or results only with privileged colleagues or the entire HubScience community.
For the purpose of the HU CXII of 2011 Act on Information Autonomy and Freedom of Information (the “Act”), the data controller is (ScienceBoost Ltd. 6800 Hódmezővásárhely, Kis Ernő utca 6.)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies. The Service collects directly from you:
◦ Registration information. To create a HubScience account (Subscriber) or to use the Service as an invited researcher (hereinafter together: User), you may provide your first name, last name, email address, password, field of study and academic status (institution, department, degree, functional job title, current projects and topics). If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as your Google, LinkedIn or Facebook account), the Service will collect the “Third party account data” described below and then ask you to provide a password, your field of study and your academic status to complete your registration.
Profile information. After you create an account your personal data will remain invisible and cannot be made accessible for other Users of the Service.
◦ Articles and papers. If you enter your HubScience account login details when you complete your registration for the HubScience software, the links of publications and papers or any other documents you research using the software will be uploaded to your account.
◦ Comments and feedback. You may communicate with other users and post annotations and comments. You may request further services or information, provide feedback, submit questions or report problems by contacting us through web forms, which may request additional information.
◦ Upgrade information. If you choose to upgrade your services, your payment card details will be requested by us but handled through our third party partners and not stored in our systems.
The Service also automatically collects information regarding your use of the Service, such as:
◦ Log files and device data. These provide details about your device and application you use to access the Service (including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type) and the nature of your accesses to the Service (including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data).
◦ Third party account data. If you register for and sign in to your HubScience account with your Google, LinkedIn or Facebook account details, the authentication of your login is handled by Google or Facebook and the Service will collect your first name, last name, email address and any other information about your Google, LinkedIn or Facebook account that you agree to share with us at the time you give permission for your HubScience Account to be linked to your Google, LinkedIn or Facebook account.
◦ Usage data. This provides details about the way that you use the Service, including the pages you visit and the time you spend on them, the articles or any other documents you research.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
◦ estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
◦ recognize and authenticate you;
◦ store your preferences and customize your experience;
◦ speed up your searches; and
◦ administer, secure and improve the Service.
You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of the Service or your user experience will be affected.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
◦ to provide the Service to you including allowing you to:
▪ register, login, create and update your account profile;
▪ participate in interactive and social networking features of our service;
▪ research academic papers and other documents;
▪ complete a transaction;
◦ to present content from the Service in an effective manner to you;
◦ to generate recommendations, such as articles that you may be interested in reading, and individualized statistical information made available to you in your account;
◦ to deal with your queries, complaints or concerns;
◦ to notify you about changes or updates to the Service and provide you with special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about the Service and products and services of our affiliates and other third parties;
◦ for research and development to evaluate and enhance the Service;
◦ for pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting; and
◦ for the Service and system administration, such as for technical support of the Service and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Service and verification of Service activity by the Service.
We may also use aggregate statistical information regarding users' interests, habits and reading patterns, broken down in some cases on an institutional level or other relevant segmenting. This statistical data does not contain any personally identifiable information and some of it is made available to the HubScience community and other interested third parties (such as institutions and publishers) on an anonymous and aggregated basis.
Where required by contractual agreements, we will furnish periodic institutional usage data reports to publishers and other content providers but without revealing information about individual users.
We also use snippets of information extracted from your imported files to help improve the discovery of published research on the Service and to form part of and enhance the search and recommendation results.
We may on occasion also match or combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our agents, suppliers, service providers and affiliates, which assist us with developing and operating our systems and applications, processing payments, customer support and marketing, promotion and communications.
We also may need to disclose your personal information to:
◦ comply with any legal obligation or respond to law enforcement;
◦ investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
◦ protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others,
◦ prospective or actual purchasers of HubScience, the Service or a related asset or line of business.
EDITING AND DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can edit and delete any personal data you upload to the Service, except that information integrated in the Service during the use or you shared with others may not be deleted.
If you wish to delete your account you may do so by selecting the “Delete Account” function or sending a request to privacy[at]hubscience[dot]com.
Some personal information may persist in backup copies for a limited period of time and be retained as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
However, after deletion your account profile and information will not be available by other users.
YOUR CHOICES AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
You can manage your communications preferences when you register with the Service, by updating your account preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us, or by contacting us at privacy[at]hubscience[dot]com. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
ACCESS TO AND ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Service allows registered users to access their registration and profile information and make corrections or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the User.
HubScience respects fully the intellectual property rights of researchers, scientists, publishers and others and asks that you do the same too.
Accordingly, you may only post links of versions of Academic Papers, journal articles, or other documents (hereinafter referred as papers) on the Site if you have the right to do so.
To be sure you have the right to manage such content, you should review your publishing agreement, the publisher’s copyright policies and/or any other applicable information prior to managing any version of a paper.
We will respond to notices of alleged intellectual property infringement if they follow the guidelines detailed on this page. HubScience’s designated agent to receive and respond to allegations of intellectual property infringement is identified below, along with contact information. We reserve the right to delete, remove or suspend the access to any content for infringement on intellectual property rights.
DESIGNATED AGENT CONTACT INFORMATION
HubScience’s Designated Agent for notice of claims of intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows: ZsoltMolnár, PhD, zsolt[dot]molnar[at]hubscience[dot]com or intellectualproperty[at]hubscience[dot]com
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be effective, a notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication provided to the above-mentioned Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
Upon receiving notice of a claimed infringement that complies with these requirements, we will expeditiously remove or disable access to the material and will notify the User who posted it.
REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY
We have a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Subscribers who are repeat infringers of any intellectual property rights.
Each Subscriber agrees that if his or her account is terminated pursuant to this Intellectual Property Policy, the user is prohibited from establishing a new account under any name, real or assumed, and further agrees that if the user violates this restriction by establishing a new account after being terminated pursuant to this Intellectual Property Policy, the user shall indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all liability that we may incur therefor.
AMENDMENT OF THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
As a necessity of the business, we reserve the right to change our Intellectual Property Policy at any time for a better treatment of data. Any amendments we may make to our Intellectual Property Policy in the future will be published on this webpage with the date of the revised version.
This document is the sole statement of the Intellectual Property Policy with respect to HubScience, and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Intellectual Property Policy, please contact intellectualproperty[at]hubscience[dot]com orScienceBoost Limited, 6800 Hódmezővásárhely, Kis Ernő utca 6.
This Intellectual Property Policy was published on 15 January 2016.